Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nick Cave and the Listening List

I just finished this book:



and I must say... Nick Cave, good on you.

It is fucking amazing. Hilarious, touching. But fuck book reviews. They never tell you the real important things. Like what you should listen to while reading this shit. And yeah, you could go all Nick Cave fan-y because it suits it and all but why so overboard? Instead, I have compiled a listening list that accompanies the book so well (in my ears). The albums contain the same ups and downs and depression and intrigue and amazingness that the novel does. If you listen to the shitty fucking ass dick radio while reading this novel, I will slay you. If you listen to Beyonce while reading this novel, you will feel a sort of split being that only schizos and recently separated Siamese twins understand.

Brief Synopsis:
Drunk man likes to fuck. Drunk man has son. Drunk man has wife. Drunk man's wife dies (NO SPOILERS HERE BITCH). Drunk man is left with son to look after as well as himself. Nine year-old son is a FOIL of the drunk. Drunk is also a door to door salesman. READ THIS SHIT.

So here is the LISTENING LIST (WITH LINKS!!)


Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Yanqui U.X.O.


Snøras
Heart of Weakness


I Would Set Myself On Fire For You
Believes In Patterns

Addendum: Obviously, you're allowed to listen to your own shit while reading this book as well. Just make sure it's either introspective, retrospective, dark, brooding, sadistic, masochistic, misogynistic, or generally plain mean. And if any of the files don't work in the .rar's I've given you bitches, leave a fucking comment for once and I'll fix it. Fuck it, leave a fucking comment for once and I'll suck your god damn dick.



OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment