Monday, September 7, 2009

skramz is the dumbest name ever

What's up. I feel like metaphysical gum on your shoe. Check out these bands:

LOMA PRIETA

I'm pretty terrible at describing sounds so... This band is fucking amazing. They don't stick to the conventions of any single genre (i.e. post-hardcore, math rock, screamo). They are an orgy of styles and it's so beautiful it makes me think of epic things like a volcano exploding (which such an event is what they are named after, incidentally).

myspace

PIANOS BECOME THE TEETH

More orchestral sounds, emotional as a maelstrom or your girlfriend breaking up with you and finding out afterward that she fucked another guy at the party you passed out at. This shit is heavvvvyyy and inspired.

myspace

THE KIDCRASH

Not gonna lie, I found out about this band last night. And I usually hate jocking bands right after I experience them but holy shit I'm listening to their Jokes LP right now and it is fucking ill. It goes fast and loud then cools the vibe down for a bit and then builds it right back up. So down.

myspace


That's all I feel like sharing today. Now it's off to the grinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment