Monday, November 30, 2009

cope and deal

How have I not gotten sick of For The Fallen Dreams yet? I have listened to them so much lately and still they remain on my speakers. Usually, bands get played a few times and then I forget about them but fuck, they're just too good.

What the fuck is wrong with those kids?

Nightmares (ft. Jeremy McKinnon of A Gay to Remember [sic]) is SO sick. The breakdowns at the start and finish are so brutal that I don't even mind the guest vocals in the catchy chorus. The slow solo (does that have a different name? I don't know) during In Sincerity is magnificent. And Two Twenty Two is just killer, start to finish. And those are only off their new album, Relentless. Their older release, Changes is just as sick but not as catchy.
[Editor's Note: if you don't like metalcore, listen to this band anyway. If you still don't like metalcore after checking out the songs on their Myspace, I bid you good day. Everyone has their own tastes and I'm cool with you not sharing all of mine.]



What a sweet girl, kissing a luchador. Luchas need love too!

On a completely different note (Hah. Get it? Because this post is about music?), check out Letting Up Despite Great Faults. They're really spacey electro/shoegaze from L.A. They sound kind of like The Postal Service but way more contemporary. Maybe even a little futuristic. You know, because in the future everyone will sound like they're fucked up on Prozac and Xanex. Except the synths. They're just drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment